- Title Pages
- 1 Why Is Death Bad?
- 2 The Asymmetry Problem: Death and Prenatal Nonexistence
- 3 Accounting for Asymmetry?
- 4 Appropriate Attitudes Toward Nonexistence
- Appendix: Inclines and Declines
- 5 Is It Worse if More Die: Agent Relative or Non‐Relative Views?
- 6 Is It Right to Save the Greater Number?
- 7 Ideal Procedure, Nonideal Alternatives, and Proportional Chances
- 8 Are There Irrelevant Utilities?
- 9 Sobjectivity: The Anatomy of the Subjective and Objective in Moral Judgment
- 10 Sobjectivity: Aggregation and Scales of Equivalents and Cost
- 11 Acquisition of Organs
- 12 Distribution of Resources: Need and Outcome
- 13 Distribution of Resources: Urgency and Outcome
- 14 Distribution of Resources: Outcome, Waiting Time, and Money
- 15 Procedures for Distribution
- Morality, Mortality Volume I: Death and Whom to Save From It
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.