- Title Pages
- A Note on Orthography and the Pronunciation of Words
- Part I The Bell of Tirupati
- 1 Philosopher, Preacher, Poet
- 2 Between Two Dynasties
- Part II Tamil and Beyond
- 3 The Tears of Brahmā
- 4 “The Fruits of Mukunda's Mercy”
- 5 A God from Toe to Crown
- Part III The Old Northern Tongue and Its Cosmopolitan Cousin
- 6 The Dark Blue Flame of the Sacrifice
- 7 An Ornament for Jewels
- Singing the Body of God
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.