- Title Pages
- 1 Myths of Origin
- 2 Early Indian Responses
- 3 Vedic Philology
- 4 Indo‐European Comparative Linguistics
- 5 Linguistic Substrata in Sanskrit Texts
- 6 Linguistic Paleontology
- 7 Linguistic Evidence from Outside of India
- 8 The Viability of a South Asian Homeland
- 9 The Indus Valley Civilization
- 10 Aryans in the Archaeological Record
- 11 Aryans in the Archaeological Record
- 12 The Date of the Veda
- 13 Aryan Origins and Modern Nationalist Discourse
- Works Cited
- The Quest for the Origins of Vedic Culture
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.