- Title Pages
- Chapter One Partition of Paternal Property
- Chapter Two Partition of Ancestral Property
- Chapter Three Partition by Brothers After Their Father's Death
- Chapter Four Female Property
- Chapter Five Persons Barred from Partition
- Chapter Six Property That Is Subject to Partition and Property That Is not
- Chapter Seven The Share of a Son Born After Partition
- Chapter Eight The Share of an Heir Who Comes Forward After Partition
- Chapter Nine The Shares of Sons of One Father by Wives of Equal and of Lower Castes
- Chapter Ten Partition Between a Full‐Fledged Son and an Appointed Daughter or Other Kinds of Sons
- Chapter Eleven The Inheritance of a Man Who Dies Without Male Offspring
- Chapter Twelve Partition by Persons Who Were Reunited
- Chapter Thirteen Partition of Property That Was Withheld at the Time of Partition
- Chapter Fourteen Evidence to Prove That a Valid Partition Took Place
- Chapter Fifteen Epilogue
- Quotations from Ancient Texts
- Jimutavahana's Dayabhaga
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.