- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- I Ancient Patterns
- 1 Return to the Mountains
- 2 On the Edge of the Forest
- 3 The Goddess of Koṭuṅkaḷūr
- 4 Wandering and Romance With Lord Raṅkanātaṉ
- II Medieval Structures
- 5 The Family of Śivaṉ in the Kāvēri River Valley
- 6 Monks and Kings Intervene
- 7 Singing the Tamiḻ Hymnbook
- 8 Dance and Trance in the Presence of Māriyammaṉ
- III Modern Forms
- 9 Healing Mother Vēḷaṅkaṇṇi
- 10 The Window Opens in Mannarkat
- 11 Can Śivaṉ Be “Re‐Formed”?
- 12 Dance and Trance in a New World
- 13 Suburban Promises
- 14 A Bath for Dancing Śivaṉ In the Cold of Canada
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.