- Title Pages
- 1 Emotions and Choice (1973)
- 2 On Physiology and Feelings (1976)
- 3 The Rationality of the Emotions (1977)
- 4 Nothing to Be Proud of (1980)
- 5 Emotions' Mysterious Objects (1984)
- 6 Getting Angry: The Jamesian Theory of Emotion in Anthropology (1984)
- 7 On Emotions as Judgments (1988)
- 8 Back to Basics: On the Very Idea of “Basic Emotions” (1993, Rev. 2001)
- 9 The Politics of Emotion (1998)
- 10 Against Valence (“Positive” and “Negative” Emotions) (2001)
- 11 Thoughts and Feelings: What Is a “Cognitive Theory” Of the Emotions, and Does It Neglect Affectivity? (2001)
- 12 On the Passivity of the Passions (2001)
- Not Passion's Slave
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.