- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction: Self‐Control and Personal Autonomy
- 2 Better Judgment: Nature and Function
- 3 Exercising Self‐Control: A Motivational Problem
- 4 Self‐Control, Akrasia, and Second‐Order Desires
- 5 Self‐Control and Belief
- 6 Self‐Control, Akrasia, and Emotion
- 7 The Upper Reaches of Self‐Control and the Ideally Self‐Controlled Person
- 8 Transition: From Self‐Control to Autonomy
- 9 Psychological Autonomy and Personal History
- 10 Compatibilist Autonomy and Autonomous Action
- 11 Problems for Libertarians
- 12 Incompatibilist Autonomy and Autonomous Action
- 13 Assessing the Denial of Autonomy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.