- Title Pages
- Note on Abbreviations and Texts
- One Introduction
- Two Plato's Aporetic Style
- Three Ethical Protagoreanism
- Four Callicles' Hedonism
- Five Callicles Refuted
- Six Death Is One of Two Things
- Seven The Intrinsic Value of Sense Pleasure and Pain
- Eight The Righteous Are Happy
- Nine Does Socrates Consistently Hold the Sufficiency Thesis?
- Ten How Socrates Can Make Both Pleasure and Virtue the Chief Good
- Index of Passages
- General Index
- Socrates, Pleasure, and Value
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.