- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- 1 Resisting Rāma
- 2 Gendered Narratives
- 3 Rāmāyaṇa Textual Traditions in Eastern India
- 4 Reinventing the Rāmāyaṇa in Twentieth-Century Bengali Literature
- 5 Why Can't a Shudra Perform Asceticism?
- 6 Hanumān's Adventures Underground
- 7 “Only You”: The Wedding of Rāma and Sītā, Past and Present
- 8 When Does Sītā Cease to Be Sītā?
- 9 Representing the Rāmāyaṇa on the Kūṭiyāṭṭam Stage
- 10 The “Radio-Active” Gīta-Rāmāyaṇa: Home and Abroad
- 11 Mysticism and Islam in Javanese Rāmāyaṇa Tales
- 12 Chasing Sītā on a Global/Local Interface
- 13 The Rāmāyaṇa in the Arts of Thailand and Cambodia
- 14 The Rāmāyaṇa Theme in the Visual Arts of South and Southeast Asia
- Appendix 2
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.