- Title Pages
- Preface: A Fisherman's Dream
- Part I Historical and Methodological Issues
- 1 “A Dharma-Transmitter Who Traveled to Sung China”
- 2 Gone Fishin'
- Part II Theory of Periodization
- 3 The Early Period
- 4 The Middle Period, Part I
- 5 The Middle Period, Part II
- 6 The Late Period
- Appendix I: Timeline of Kamakura Religious Figures
- Appendix II: Chronology of Buddhism in China and Japan
- Appendix III: Dōgen Chronology
- Appendix IV: Five Factions of Sōtō Zen
- Appendix V: <i>Shōbōgenzō</i> Editions
- Appendix VI: Comparison of 75- and 60-Fascicle Texts
- Appendix VII: Dōgen's Citations of Ju-ching
- Did Dogen Go to China?
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.