- Title Pages
- 1 The Domain of Testimony
- 2 What is Testimony?
- 3 Objections and Clarifications
- 4 Testimony, Observation, and the Reductive Approach
- 5 Deciding for Testimony
- 6 The Analogical Approach
- 7 Scottish Fundamentalism
- 8 The Status of Testimony
- 9 Language and Mind
- 10 Astonishing Reports
- 11 The Disappearance of History
- 12 Dretske's Drinker
- 13 Collingwood and Historical Testimony
- 14 Mathematical Knowledge and Reliable Authority
- 15 The Witness of Psychology
- 16 Experts and the Law
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.