- Title Pages
- Part I The Constructibility Theory
- 1 The Problem of Existence in Mathematics
- 2 The Constructibility Quantifiers
- 3 Constructibility and Open‐Sentences
- 4 The Deductive System
- 5 Cardinality and Number Theory
- 6 Measurable Quantities and Analysis
- Part II Philosophical Developments
- 7 Mathematical Structuralism
- 8 Science Without Numbers
- 9 Why Burgess Is a Moderate Realist
- 10 Maddy's Solution to the Problem of Reference
- 11 Kitcher's Ideal Agents
- 12 Deflationism and Mathematical Truth
- Appendix Field's Nominalistic Logical Theory
- Constructibility and Mathematical Existence
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.