- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and References
- 1 The Development of Schopenhauer's Philosophy
- 2 Kantian Objects
- 3 Kantian Subjects
- 4 Subject and Object in Schopenhauer
- 5 Idealism
- 6 Materialism
- 7 Knowing the Thing in Itself
- 8 Willing and Acting
- 9 Determinism and Responsibility
- 10 The Primacy of Will
- 11 Freedom from Will
- 12 Self and World
- 13 Remarks on Wittgenstein and Nietzsche
- 14 Conclusions
- Self and World in Schopenhauer's Philosophy
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.