- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 What Is Mathematical Realism?
- 3 The Case for Mathematical Realism
- 4 Recent Attempts at Blunting the Indispensability Thesis
- 5 Doubts About Realism
- Part Two Neutral Epistemology
- 6 The Elusive Distinction Between Mathematics and Natural Science
- 7 Holism: Evidence in Science and Mathematics
- 8 The Local Conception of Mathematical Evidence: Proof, Computation, and Logic
- 9 Positing Mathematical Objects
- Part Three Mathematics as a Science of Patterns
- 10 Mathematical Objects as Positions in Patterns
- 11 Patterns and Mathematical Knowledge
- 12 What Is Structuralism? and Other Questions
- Mathematics as a Science of Patterns
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.