- Title Pages
- A Note on Names
- 1 The Ethiopian Church in the Age of Zara Ya'iqob
- 2 Africa in 1500 and Its Christian Past
- 3 The Kongo, Warri, Mutapa, and the Portuguese
- 4 Riches to Rags: Ethiopia 1500–1800
- 5 Equiano to Ntsikana: From the 1780s to the 1820s
- 6 The Lion Revived: Ethiopia in the Nineteenth Century
- 7 The Victorian Missionary
- 8 Kings, Marriage, Ancestors, and God
- 9 Christian Life in the Age of Bishop Crowther
- 10 A Variety of Scrambles: 1890–1920
- 11 From Agbebi to Diangienda: Independency and Prophetism
- 12 Church, School, and State in the Age of Bishop Kiwanuka
- Kings of Ethiopia and Kongo Referred to in the Text
- The Church in Africa, 1450-1950
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.