- Title Pages
- 1 Gregory XVI
- 2 A Liberal Pope, 1846–1848
- 3 Catholic Power
- 4 The Making of Italy
- 5 The Need for a Council
- 6 The Prisoner of the Vatican
- 7 Pope Leo XIII (1878–1903)
- 8 Pope Pius X (1903–1914)
- 9 Nationality and Religion: Tyrol and Poland
- 10 Nationality and Religion: Spain
- 11 Nationality and Religion: Portugal
- 12 The Religious
- 13 Catholic Universities
- 14 The Idea of Reunion
- 15 Saints in the Modern World
- Select Bibliography
- A History of the Popes 1830-1914
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.