- Title Pages
- 1 The Conciliar Movement
- 2 The Emergence of Canonical Legislation
- 3 The Development of an Ecclesiastical Rule of Law
- 4 The Council at Serdica
- 5 Historical and Textual Problems
- 6 Early Textual Transmission and Development
- 7 The Appointment of Bishops
- 8 The Translation of Bishops and Other Clergy
- 9 The Appeal Canons
- 10 Episcopal Visits to the Imperial Court
- Appendix: Texts and Translations of the Serdican Canons
- Index of Modern Authors
- Index of Subjects and Names
- The Early Development of Canon Law and the Council of Serdica
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.