- Title Pages
- 1 High Priesthood According to the Priestly Writer
- 2 High Priesthood in the Deuteronomistic History
- 3 Mysterious Melchizedek
- 4 Ezekiel: A Vision of Hierocracy?
- 5 High‐Priestly Power in Haggai and Zechariah 1–8
- 6 Ezra and Nehemiah: The High Priesthood in Fifth‐Century Judah
- 7 The Elephantine Papyri
- 8 High Priesthood in the Books of Chronicles
- 9 After the Canon: The Later Persian Period
- 10 The Hidden Years: High Priesthood Under the Ptolemies
- 11 The Maccabean Conquest: Jonathan and Simon the Maccabees
- 12 The Hasmonean Dynasty: John Hyrcanus and His Successors
- 1. Old and New Testament
- 2. Apocrypha and Septuagint
- 3. Old Testament Pseudepigrapha
- 4. Dead Sea Scrolls
- 5. Other Jewish and Hellenistic Papyri
- 6. Rabbinic Works
- 7. Classical and Hellenistic Writers
- Index of Proper Names
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.