- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 A Regulatory State Inside the State?
- 2 Running the Ruler Over Regulation Inside Government
- 3 Regulation in Government: Tools, Characteristics, and Behaviour
- 4 Regulating ‘Village Life’ In Central Government
- 5 Mirror Image or Double Whammy? Regulation and Local Government
- 6 All Bark, No Bite? The Regulation of Prisons in England and Wales
- 7 From Secret Garden to Reign of Terror? the Regulation of State Schools in England
- 8 Eurocratic Regulation
- 9 Regulation in Government and the ‘New Public Management’
- 10 Regulating the Regulators: Policies for Reform
- Appendix I
- Appendix II
- Appendix III
- Regulation Inside Government
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.