- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Macroeconomic Behaviour of the Banking System
- 3 The Behaviour of Interest Rates: The Theoretical Background
- 4 The Behaviour of Interest Rates Continued
- 5 The Behaviour of Exchange Rates
- 6 Government Transactions, Money, and Interest Rates
- 7 UK Monetary Policy Since 1971
- 8 Central Bank Rate as an Instrument of Monetary Control
- 9 Monetary Base Control
- 10 The Corset, Funding Policy and Banking Supervision
- 11 Monetary Growth Since the Mid‐1960s
- 12 The Limitations to the Role of Monetary Policy
- 13 Monetary Policy Without Monetary Targets
- A Critique of Monetary Policy
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.