- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Entitlement and Deprivation<sup>1</sup>
- 3 Nutrition and Capability
- 4 Society, Class and Gender
- 5 Famines and Social Response
- 6 Famines, Markets and Intervention
- 7 Strategies of Entitlement Protection
- 8 Experiences and Lessons
- 9 Production, Entitlements and Nutrition
- 10 Economic Growth and Public Support
- 11 China and India
- 12 Experiences of Direct Support
- 13 The Economy, the State and the Public
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Hunger and Public Action
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.