- Title Pages
- 1 Early Principles of Equality and Inequality
- 2 The Transition to Liberalism
- 3 The Equality of Man in the Eighteenth Century
- 4 Eighteenth‐Century Developments Propitious to Egalitarianism
- 5 Action Delayed
- 6 The Movement into Redistribution
- 7 The Formation of Modern Egalitarianism
- 8 Issues and Influences Reviewed
- 9 Distributions Displayed
- 10 The Form of Recent Distributions of Income
- 11 The Historical Course of Change in the Distribution of Income
- 12 The Redistribution of Income
- 13 The Distribution of Wealth in Some Contemporary Economies
- 14 The Historical Course of Change in the Distribution of Wealth
- 15 The Formation of Distributions of Income and Wealth
- 16 The Significance of the Statistical Record
- 17 The Basis of Egalitarianism
- 18 An Assessment of Egalitarianism
- Egalitarianism and the Generation of Inequality
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.