- Title Pages
- 1 On the Logic of Justifying Political Authority
- 2 The Concept of Rights
- 3 Rights as Valid Claims
- 4 Human Rights
- 5 Civil Rights
- 6 Democratic Institutions
- 7 Democracy and Rights
- 8 Allegiance and the Place of Civil Disobedience
- 9 Justifying Coercion: The Problem of Punishment
- 10 Modes of Punishment
- 11 The Right of Inmates to Work
- 12 A System of Rights
- 13 Critical Justification
- Appendix Addendum to Chapter 7
- Select Bibliography
- A System of Rights
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.