- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Electoral Participation, Democracy, and Legitimacy in the European Union
- 2 The Extent and Nature of the Problem of Abstention in European Parliament Elections
- 3 Legitimacy and Participation
- 4 Interest, Knowledge, and Participation
- 5 The European Parliament: Power, Responsiveness, Image, and Participation
- 6 Parties, Candidates, and Campaigns
- 7 Turnout in Context: A Comparison of Member States
- 8 Sources of Participation and Abstention
- 9 Conclusion: Participation, Democracy, and Legitimacy in the European Union
- Questions in Eurobarometer 41.1 Used in the Analysis
- People and Parliament in the European Union
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.