- Title Pages
- 1 The Evolution of Constitutional Monarchy
- 2 The Basic Constitutional Rules: The Rules of Succession
- 3 The Basic Constitutional Rules: Influence and the Prerogative
- 4 The Appointment of a Prime Minister
- 5 Three Constitutional Crises
- 6 Hung Parliaments and Proportional Representation
- 7 The Financing of the Monarchy
- 8 The Sovereign's Private Secretary
- 9 The Sovereign and the Church
- 10 The Sovereign and the Commonwealth
- 11 The Future of Constitutional Monarchy
- Appendix 1: Sovereigns Since Henry VIII
- Appendix 2: Prime Ministers Since 1782
- Appendix 3: Private Secretaries Since 1870
- Appendix 4: Member States of the Commonwealth, 1995
- Appendix 5: Some Constitutional Episodes Involving the Use of Royal Power Since 1900
- Select Bibliography
- The Monarchy and the Constitution
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.