- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction: The Self‐Determination Principle and the Ethics of Secession
- 2 Democracy and Secession
- 3 The Ethics of Secession as the Regulation of Secessionist Politics
- 4 Secession and the Principle of Nationality
- 5 Self‐Determination in Practice
- 6 Liberal Nationalism and Secession
- 7 The Territorial Dimension of Self‐Determination
- 8 National Self‐Determination: Some Cautionary Remarks Concerning the Rhetoric of Rights
- 9 Self‐Determination: Politics, Philosophy, and Law
- 10 ‘Orphans of Secession’: National Pluralism in Secessionist Regions and Post‐Secession States
- 11 Myths and Misconceptions in the Study of Nationalism
- Select Bibliography
- National Self-Determination and Secession
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.