- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 The Scope of Government
- 2 The Growth of Government
- 3 Political Agendas and Beliefs About the Scope of Government
- 4 Attitudes Towards the Size of Government
- 5 Taxing and Spending: Tax Revolt or Tax Protest?
- 6 Politics, Economics, Class, and Taxation
- 7 The Welfare State: The Equality Dimension
- 8 The Welfare State: The Security Dimension
- 9 Government Intervention in the Economy
- 10 Government, Communications, and the Media
- 11 Protecting the Environment
- 12 Scope‐Of‐Government Beliefs and Political Support
- 13 Beliefs and the Scope of Government
- 14 Public Attitudes and Changes in Health Care Systems: A Confrontation and a Puzzle
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- The Scope of Government
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.