- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Bringing Public Opinion Back in
- 3 A Typology of Orientations
- 4 Trends and Contrasts
- 5 Economic Calculus or Familiarity Breeds Content?
- 6 Development of Support: Diffusion or Demographic Replacement?
- 7 Support for Integration: Élite or Mass‐Driven?
- 8 Europeans and the Nation State
- 9 Is There a European Identity?
- 10 Trust and Sense of Community
- 11 Policy, Subsidiarity, and Legitimacy
- 12 Democratic Legitimacy and the European Parliament
- 13 The View from Within
- 14 The View from EFTA
- 15 The View from Central and Eastern Europe
- 16 NATO, the European Community, and the United Nations
- 17 Conclusion: European Publics and the Legitimacy of Internationalized Governance
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Public Opinion and Internationalized Governance
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.