- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Abbreviations
- Contributors to this Volume
- Introduction : Beyond Global Discourse: The Rediscovery of Culture in Environmental Politics
- 1 Sustainable Development and the Crisis of Nature: On the Political Anatomy of an Oxymoron
- 2 The North As/and the Other: Ecology, Domination, Solidarity
- 3 Nature in Spiritual Traditions: Social and Cultural Implications for Environmental Change
- 4 Engineering the Environment: The Politics of ‘Nature Development’
- 5 Eco‐Managerialism: Environmental Studies as a Power/Knowledge Formation
- 6 Mapping Complex Social‐Natural Relationships: Cases from Mexico and Africa
- 7 Security and Solidarity: An Anti‐Reductionist Analysis of Environmental Policy
- 8 The Environment of Justice
- 9 Images of Place in Green Politics: The Cultural Mirror of Indigenous Traditions
- 10 Partnership Ethics and Cultural Discourse: Women and the Earth Summit
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.