- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Irish Potatoes and British Politics: Peel, Wellington, and the Repeal of the Corn Laws
- 3 Dishing the Whigs: Disraeli, Salisbury, and the Relaunching of the Tory Party 1846–86
- 4 The Great Victorian Realignment
- 5 The Failure of Imperialism: Joseph Chamberlain and Enoch Powell
- 6 Lloyd George: Supreme Tactician and Ambitious Strategist
- 7 The Patriot Game: Rhetoric and Heresthetic in the Anglo‐Irish Treaty Negotiations of 1921
- 8 ‘There Is No Alternative’: Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair
- 9 Conclusion
- Rational Choice and British Politics
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.