- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction: The Growth of Critical Citizens?
- 2 Mapping Political Support in the 1990s: A Global Analysis
- 3 Political Support in Advanced Industrial Democracies
- 4 Five Years After the Fall: Trajectories of Support for Democracy in Post‐Communist Europe
- 5 Down and Down We Go: Political Trust in Sweden
- 6 The Democratic Culture of Unified Germany
- 7 Tensions Between the Democratic Ideal and Reality: South Korea
- 8 Social and Political Trust in Established Democracies
- 9 The Economic Performance of Governments
- 10 Political Performance and Institutional Trust
- 11 Institutional Explanations for Political Support
- 12 Postmodernization Erodes Respect for Authority, But Increases Support for Democracy
- 13 Conclusions: The Growth of Critical Citizens and Its Consequences
- Index of Names
- General Index
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.