- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- 1 Citizenship in Culturally Diverse Societies: Issues, Contexts, Concepts
- 2 Discrimination and Religious Schooling
- 3 Extending Diversity: Religion in Public and Private Education
- 4 What Does a Representative Do? Descriptive Representation in Communicative Settings of Distrust, Uncrystallized Interests, and Historically Denigrated Status
- 5 The Uneasy Alliance of Group Representation and Deliberative Democracy
- 6 Cultural Identity and Civic Responsibility
- 7 Anti‐Essentialism, Multiculturalism, and the ‘Recognition’ Of Religious Groups
- 8 Should Church and State Be Joined at the Altar? Women's Rights and the Multicultural Dilemma
- 9 Female Autonomy and Cultural Imperative: Two Hearts Beating Together
- 10 Official‐Language Rights: Intrinsic Value and the Protection of Difference
- 11 Citizenship and Official Bilingualism in Canada
- 12 Three Modes of Incorporating Indigenous Law
- 13 ‘Landed’ Citizenship: Narratives of Aboriginal Political Participation
- 14 Sustainable Federalism, Democratization, and Distributive Justice
- 15 Why Stay Together? a Pluralist Approach to Secession and Federation
- Further Reading
- Citizenship in Diverse Societies
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.