- Title Pages
- LIST OF TABLES
- LIST OF FIGURES
- 1 Political Competition and the Reform Trajectories of Post‐Communist States
- 2 Liberal and Illiberal Democracy After Communism
- 3 The Passive Leverage of the European Union
- 4 The Impact of Passive Leverage: The EU and Eastern Europe, 1989–94
- 5 The Active Leverage of the European Union
- 6 The Impact of Active Leverage I: Making Political Systems More Competitive, 1994–8
- 7 The Impact of Active Leverage II: Reforming the State and the Economy, 1997–2004
- 8 The Endgame of the Negotiations and the Future of an Enlarged European Union
- LIST OF INTERVIEWS
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.