- Title Pages
- List of Figure and Tables
- 1 From Market to Exchange, 1693–1801
- 2 From Money to Capital, 1801–1851
- 3 From Domestic to International, 1850–1914
- 4 Shattered Dominance: The First World War, 1914–1918
- 5 Challenges and Opportunities, 1919–1939
- 6 The Changing Market Place Between the Wars
- 7 New Beginnings: The Second World War, 1939–1945
- 8 Recovery and Crisis: 1945–1949
- 9 Drifting Towards Oblivion, 1950–1959
- 10 Failing to Adjust, 1960–1969
- 11 Prelude to Change, 1970–1979
- 12 Big Bang
- 13 Black Hole
- Select Bibliography
- The London Stock Exchange
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.