- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Case for Materialism
- Chapter 2 Conceptual Dualism
- Chapter 3 The Impossibility of Zombies
- Chapter 4 Phenomenal Concepts
- Chapter 5 The Explanatory Gap
- Chapter 6 The Intuition of Distinctness
- Chapter 7 Prospects for the Scientific Study of Phenomenal Consciousness
- A.1 Introduction
- A.2 Descartes and Leibniz
- A.3 Newtonian Physics
- A.4 The Conservation of Energy
- A.5 Conservative Animism
- A.6 The Death of Emergentism
- A.7 Conclusion
- Thinking about Consciousness
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.