- Title Pages
- Preface to the Second Edition
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1. A Theoretical Framework for Economic Development
- 2. A Comparative Perspective on Developing Economies
- 3. Population Growth and the Constraint of Natural Resources
- 4. Breaking the Resource Constraint
- 5. Capital Accumulation in Economic Development
- 6. Patterns and Sources of Technological Progress
- 7. Income Distribution and Environmental Problems
- 8. Market and State
- 9. The Role of Community in Economic Development
- 10. Tradition and Modernization: A Concluding Remark
- Appendix: Theoretical Supplements to Technological Progress
- Index of Names
- Index of Subjects
- Development Economics
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.