- Title Pages
- Citations and Abbreviations
- Anthology of Excerpts
- Chapter 1 Epictetus in His Time and Place
- Chapter 2 The Discourses
- Chapter 3 The Socratic Paradigm
- Chapter 4 Philosophy and Pedagogy
- Chapter 5 Reading Epictetus
- Chapter 6 Natures: Divine, Human, Animal
- Chapter 7 From Theology to Ethics
- Chapter 8 Autonomy and Integrity
- Chapter 9 Appropriate Actions and Feelings
- Epilogue: The Afterlife of Epictetus
- Who's Who: Stoics and Others
- Index of Passages Cited
- General Index
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.