- Title Pages
- One Nature from the Top Down
- Two From God to Everything Else
- Three Creation as Doubly Universal Production
- Four Creation's Modalities
- Five Could the Created World Have Existed for Ever?
- Six The Origin of Species
- Seven Intellects
- Eight Metaphysical Hybrids
- Nine The Soul's Anatomy
- Ten Souls Before Birth and at Death
- Appendix I A Chronology of Aquinas's Life and Works
- Appendix II A Table Indicating the Correspondence Between Sections of Chapters of SCG II in the Pera (Marietti) Edition and the Anderson Translation
- Appendix III In Sent. I.44.1.2: Could God Make a Better Universe?
- Index Locorum
- General Index
(based mainly on Torrell 1993 and Tugwell 1988)
- The Metaphysics of Creation
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.