- Title Pages
- Preface to the Paperback Edition
- 1 Orientation: Authority, Canon, and Criterion
- 2 The Emergence of the Canonical Heritage of the Church
- 3 Canonical Division Between East and West
- 4 Canon and Scientia
- 5 Theological Foundationalism
- 6 The Epistemic Fortunes of Sola Scriptura
- 7 Initiation into the Rule of Truth
- 8 Canonical Synthesis: The Anglican Via Media
- 9 The Rule of Reason
- 10 Theology Within the Limits of Experience Alone
- 11 The Canons of Common Sense
- 12 The Rough Intellectualist Road of a Sound Epistemology
- 13 More Light Amid the Encircling Gloom
- 14 Ending the Great Misery of Protestantism
- 15 Digging Still Deeper for Firm Ground
- 16 Feminism and the Transgressing of Canonical Boundaries
- 17 The Canonical Heritage and the Epistemology of Theology
- Canon and Criterion in Christian Theology
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.