- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- Introduction: EMU as Integration, Europeanization, and Convergence
- 1 Global Integration, EMU, and Monetary Governance in the European Union: The Political Economy of the ‘Stability Culture’
- 2 EMU's Impact on National Institutions: Fusion Towards a ‘Gouvernance Économique’ or Fragmentation?
- 3 The Political Economy of Fiscal Policy Under Monetary Union
- 4 Britain and EMU
- 5 EMU: A Danish Delight and Dilemma
- 6 The French State in the Euro‐Zone: ‘Modernization’ and Legitimizing Dirigisme
- 7 Germany and the Euro: Redefining EMU, Handling Paradox, and Managing Uncertainty and Contingency
- 8 The Italian State and the Euro: Institutions, Discourse, and Policy Regimes
- 9 The Netherlands and EMU: A Small Open Economy in Search of Prosperity
- 10 Politics, Banks, and Financial Market Governance in the Euro‐Zone
- 11 The Euro and Labour Market and Wage Policies
- 12 Why EMU Is—or May Be—Good for European Welfare States
- Conclusions: European States and Euro Economic Governance
- European States and the Euro
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.