- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- 1 The Earliest Dormition Traditions: Their Nature and Shape
- 2 The Ancient Palestinian Cult of the Virgin and the Early Dormition Traditions
- 3 Rival Traditions of Mary's Death: The Independent Origins of the Ancient Dormition Traditions
- 4 The Prehistory and Origins of the Dormition and Assumption Traditions
- Appendix A The Ethiopic Liber Requiei
- Appendix B The Earliest Greek Dormition Narrative
- Appendix C Fifth‐Century Syriac Palimpsest Fragments of the Six Books
- Appendix D The Ethiopic Six Books
- Appendix E The Sahidic Coptic Homily on the Dormition Attributed to Evodius of Rome
- Appendix F Jacob of Serug, Homily on the Dormition
- Appendix G Parallels to the Liber Requiei from the Early Palm Narratives
- Narratives of the Dormition of the Virgin from Before the Tenth Century
- Other Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
- Ancient Traditions of the Virgin Mary's Dormition and Assumption
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.