- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Part I History and Economics
- 1 Restless Clio: A Story of the Economic Historians' Assessment of History in Economics
- 2 Schumpeter's Plea for Reasoned History
- 3 Nikolai Kondratiev: A New Approach to History and Statistics
- 4 The Strange Attraction of Tides and Waves
- Conclusions To Part I: A Theory of Reasoned History
- Part II Successive Industrial Revolutions
- 5 The British Industrial Revolution: The Age of Cotton, Iron, and Water Power
- 6 The Second Kondratiev Wave: The Age of Iron Railways, Steam Power, and Mechanization
- 7 The Third Kondratiev Wave: The Age of Steel, Heavy Engineering, and Electrification
- 8 The Fourth Kondratiev Wave: The Great Depression and the Age of Oil, Automobiles, Motorization, and Mass Production
- 9 The Emergence of a New Techno‐Economic Paradigm: The Age of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Conclusions To Part II: Recurrent Phenomena of the Long Waves of Capitalist Development
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.