- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- 1 The Challenge for Families of Demographic Ageing
- 2 Models of Kinship from the Developed World
- 3 One Happy Family? Sources of Intergenerational Solidarity and Tension as Contemporary US Society Ages
- 4 The Availability and Supportive Functions of Extended Kinship Ties in Later Life: Evidence from the Berlin Ageing Study
- 5 Intergenerational Relationships among Stepfamilies in the UK
- 6 Working Carers in the European Union
- 7 Family Support of the Elderly and Female Labour Supply: Trade-Offs among Caregiving, Financial Transfers, and Work—Evidence from the US Health and Retirement Survey
- 8 Social Care for Older People: The Growth of Independent-Sector Provision in the UK
- 9 Inheritance and Intergenerational Relationships in English Families
- 10 The American Family as a Context for Healthy Ageing
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Families in Ageing Societies
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.