- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Objectives and Instruments of Government Policy and the Structure of the Economy in LDCs
- 3 An Approach to Applied Welfare Economics
- 4 Rural–Urban Prices in Open Economies
- 5 The Price Scissors in Open Economies
- 6 The Price Scissors in Closed and Partially Closed Socialist Economies
- 7 The Soviet Industrialization Debate and Collectivization
- Part III The Rural Sector
- 8 Income Distribution and Alternative Organizational Forms Within the Rural Sector
- 9 Taxes and Subsidies on Different Goods in the Rural Sector
- Part IV The Urban Sector
- 10 The Impact of Urban Wage and Employment Determination on Taxation Policies
- 11 Some Aspects of the Wage–Productivity Hypothesis That Are Relevant for Taxation Analysis
- 12 Taxes and Subsidies on Different Goods in the Urban Sector
- 13 Tax Policy in the Presence of Migration and Urban Unemployment
- 14 Taxation in the Urban Sector: Some Aspects of the Underlying Model
- 15 The Social Cost of Labour
- 16 Concluding Remarks
- Peasants versus City-Dwellers
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.