- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Ontological Categories and Categorial Schemes
- 2 The Four-Category Ontology and its Rivals
- 3 Some Formal Ontological Relations
- 4 Formal Ontology and Logical Syntax
- 5 The Concept of an Object in Formal Ontology
- 6 Properties, Modes, and Universals
- 7 Ramsey's Problem and its Solution
- 8 Dispositions and Natural Laws
- 9 Kinds, Essence, and Natural Necessity
- 10 Categorial Ontology and Scientific Essentialism
- 11 Metaphysical Realism and the Unity of Truth
- 12 Truthmaking, Necessity, and Essential Dependence
- The Four-Category Ontology
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.