- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 WORK AND TEXT
- Chapter 2 CHARACTERS AND CONTINGENCY
- Chapter 3 GENRE
- Chapter 4 DOCUMENTARY
- Chapter 5 CAN THERE BE A LITERARY PHILOSOPHY OF TIME?
- Chapter 6 INTERPRETATION AND PRAGMATICS
- Chapter 7 INTERPRETING THE UNRELIABLE
- Chapter 8 COGNITIVE FILM THEORY
- Chapter 9 ANNE BRONTë AND THE USES OF IMAGINATION
- Chapter 10 PRETENCE AND PRETENDING
- Chapter 11 PRETENCE AND RATIONALITY: THE CASE OF NON‐HUMAN ANIMALS
- Chapter 12 THE REPRESENTATIONAL REVOLUTION
- Chapter 13 AESTHETIC EXPLANATION
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.