- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Belief, Confidence, and the Method of Science
- 2 Truth and the Convergence of Opinion
- 3 Truth and Correspondence
- 4 Truth and Reference: Peirce Versus Royce
- 5 Vagueness, Logic, and Interpretation
- 6 Design and Chance: The Evolution of Peirce's Evolutionary Cosmology
- 7 Metaphysics, Science, and Self‐Control
- 8 Common Sense, Pragmatism, and Rationality
- 9 Sentiment and Self‐Control
- 10 Doubt: Affective States and the Regulation of Inquiry
- 11 On Reading God's Great Poem
- 12 Avoiding Circularity and Proving Pragmatism
- Truth, Rationality, and Pragmatism
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.