- Title Pages
- 1 <i>The Life-Saving Analogy</i>
- 2 <i>An Argument from Beneficence</i>
- 3 <i>Objections to Aid</i>
- 4 <i>Saving Lives</i>
- 5 <i>The Extreme Demand</i>
- 6 <i>Problems of Demandingness</i>
- 7 <i>Impartiality, Fairness, and Beneficence</i>
- 8 <i>The Rejection of the Extreme Demand</i>
- 9 <i>Permission</i>
- 10 <i>Requirement</i>
- 11 <i>Overview</i>
- Appendix 1 Poverty and Aid
- Appendix 2 The Cost of Saving a Life
- The Moral Demands of Affluence
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.