- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 American Exceptionalism and International Organization: Lessons from the 1990s
- 2 State Power and the Institutional Bargain: America's Ambivalent Economic and Security Multilateralism
- 3 US–UN Relations in the UN Security Council in the Post‐Cold War Era
- 4 The United States and the International Financial Institutions: Power and Influence Within the World Bank and the IMF
- 5 The United States and the GATT/WTO System
- 6 Looking Beyond the ‘K‐Word’: Embedded Multilateralism in American Foreign Environmental Policy
- 7 Making Africa Safe for Capitalism: US Policy and Multilateralism in Africa
- 8 US Approaches to Multilateral Security and Economic Organizations in the Asia‐Pacific
- 9 Trouble in Pax Atlantica? the United States, Europe, and the Future of Multilateralism
- 10 Power Multiplied or Power Restrained? the United States and Multilateral Institutions in the Americas
- 11 Conclusion: Instrumental Multilateralism in US Foreign Policy
- Select Bibliography
- US Hegemony and International Organizations
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.