- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 New Forms of Democracy? Reform and Transformation of Democratic Institutions
- 2 Expanding the Electoral Marketplace
- 3 Making Elections More Direct? Reducing the Role of Parties in Elections
- 4 Political Parties and the Rhetoric and Realities of Democratization
- 5 Changing Party Access to Elections
- 6 Towards More Open Democracies: The Expansion of Freedom of Information Laws
- 7 Trends in Decentralization
- 8 Reforming the Administrative State
- 9 Participation, Representative Democracy, and the Courts
- 10 A Second Transformation of Democracy?
- 11 Democratic Publics and Democratic Institutions
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.